<VV> VV Leaded gas

John Miller jncmiller at mchsi.com
Tue Apr 26 23:40:41 EDT 2005

   First off leaded gas is not gone, you just have to look for it. There is a lot of stock car racers in my area and 110 octane gas is available at the pump if you know where to look and are willing to pay the price. Although priced against current premium gas prices its not a big step (about $3.14 a gallon). My experience with it shows no great power improvement although you can advance timing to 24 degrees with no ping in hot weather. Yes it does "lead" the exhaust very quickly and smells very different (not good, not bad, and not like Vodka....just different). I found the best mix to be about 4 gallons in a tankful to keep the light grey buildup in the exhaust to a minimum, and kill the advanced timing ping. In reality I have no problem daily driving with the "cheap" gas at the pump at a reasonable timing advance and pretty much run it that way. I just consider it giving the Vair a treat now and then. Just my 2 cents worth.

                                                                     John Miller
                                                                     Iowa