<VV> brake lockup

kovacsmj kovacsmj at sbcglobal.net
Wed Apr 27 11:30:30 EDT 2005

 Mike, the brakes are designed have a servo action when applied when
moving forward which is why it they "loosened" when backing up. I may
suspect that one possible cause may be the emergency brake cable did not
release properly on the right side. Another may be that the adjuster or
hardware on the right side is improperly installed or was too tight to
begin with.

 An examination of the brake hardware and a proper adjustment may be all
that you need. Yes, definitely bleed the right side brake line to remove
any fluid that might have boiled. This will definitely give a spongy
brake pedal. Be sure to rough sand the offending shoes to remove any
glaze.

 Let us know what you found.

Getting all the information is most of the solution.

MIKE KOVACS