<VV> brake lockup

mhicks130 at cox.net mhicks130 at cox.net
Wed Apr 27 12:59:57 EDT 2005

------------------------------

In a message dated 4/27/2005 6:38:21 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
mhicks130 at cox.net writes:

> So what happened?  Stinkin old cars, this never happens on my Honda
> minivan!!

1  Brake shoes weren't arc'd!   Many new linings are too thick!

2   When cooled...freed up-?    Should have just drove it!

Matt Nall / Patiomatt / WCUH / Chairman V V

I couldn't disagree more - until I know why they locked up I'm not driving it.  Plus, even though the brakes freed themselves up the feel is very soft and spongy.  So I'm left with the very real possibility that I'll either be stuck again with locked up brakes or that I won't have brakes - either one sucks.

I don't know about the arcedness of the shoes. I bought the car from a guy who did unknown work on the brakes.  All I know is that until last night, the brakes worked great.  They had great feel and stopped the car effortlessly.  Then out of the blue - crap.

mike