<VV> brake lockup

UltraMonzaWest at aol.com UltraMonzaWest at aol.com
Wed Apr 27 13:34:13 EDT 2005

In a message dated 4/27/2005 10:00:31 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
mhicks130 at cox.net writes:

> I couldn't disagree more - until I know why they locked up I'm not driving
> it.  Plus, even though the brakes freed themselves up the feel is very soft
> and spongy.  So I'm left with the very real possibility that I'll either be
> stuck again with locked up brakes or that I won't have brakes - either one
> sucks.

*****

OH I agree!  When you don't know.....be SAFE!

But a 5 min  check would've allowed you to drive on!

1  Back car to safe area...

2   Feel  backing plate to see which one is HOT [ drum will burn!]

3   Jack up  / remove wheel drum...INSPECT!

4    Bleed  Wheel Cylinder....no need for adding fluid...WC  only holds 2
oz..

5     Replace drum /  wheel /  unjack...

6    Drive on, if no parts fell off!  ggg

Note:   This is similar to Cecil Mills  ordeal last weekend.....LOOK .... use
your head... if OK...drive on

This will hopefully be your last "glitch".......but be ready!  LOL!

Matt Nall / Patiomatt / WCUH / Chairman V V