Fwd: <VV> Werid Problem

HallGrenn at aol.com HallGrenn at aol.com
Wed Apr 27 14:42:51 EDT 2005

In a message dated 4/25/2005 9:32:43 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
emills5 at cfl.rr.com writes:

> I will appreciate any and all suggestions as to what the heck happened to
> it, and what I need to do to fix it and avoid a reoccurrence of the problem.

Cecil,  A similar thing happened to a '65 Monza convert. with AC that I
brought back from the dead a couple of decades ago.  I had used the (since
withdrawn) Viton lathe cut gasket to replace the paper one on the filter adapter for
the AC cars where it attached to the regular filter mount.  The gasket blew out
and the air cleaner and alternator pulled in lots of oil.  (The alternator
fan pulls the air through the housing).  The PVC valve got plugged up as well).
At least the owner shut off the engine before it had pumped out all of its
oil.  After LOTS of cleanup, a new paper gasket, air filter, new PCV valve and a
new fan belt everything ran fine again.

Bob Hall
Group Corvair
'64 Greenbrier