<VV> brake lockup

mhicks130 at cox.net mhicks130 at cox.net
Wed Apr 27 16:52:04 EDT 2005

The consensus seems to be that my hoses are... hosed.  I'm going to replace them and I'm probably going to replace the cylinders while I'm at it.  Maybe unnecessary but what the heck.  I don't plan on getting braided hose - just regular.  I don't see the need for them at this point.  You all may try to convince me otherwise - I'm not that set in my ways.

Thanks to all for your responses.

mike

------------------------------
I had something similar to this happen once on a SAAB Sonett. Was driving and
tapped the brakes and the right front disk locked up. (Was interesting on
the DC Beltway at 60mph). I was able not to spin and got the car off the road.
After it cooled down, it would roll, but the brakes were spongy.

I assumed that the lockup was due to an old flex hose and I was right...
completely swollen shut internally (yet looked great). The sponginess may
have
been cured with just the new hoses, but was definitely cured with a bleed. My
guess is that the brake got so hot that it boiled the brake fluid out of the
caliper.

A good time for a set of The Source bradied hoses.

Bill Elliott