<VV> Re: eBay warning (no Corvair)

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Thu Apr 28 11:15:30 EDT 2005

In a message dated 4/28/2005 8:03:00 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
ronchoy at comcast.net writes:

After  seeing a real-looking email several times, I did respond, and of
course  identity thieves started spending my money. It took about 2 months to end
the  problems.   -ron 65,66

There is the real problem. I'm sorry it cost you Ron. The trick is to NEVER
respond or even open up their mail. After a while it becomes simple  to
identify the crap. As long as someone responds, everybody will keep  getting
"phished". As soon as people STOP responding, the "social engineering"  will stop.
Remember, if you receive an unwanted E-mail, from  someone/something you didn't
request, and they ask you to tell them if you don't  want it anymore - Don't
respond!!  That just confirms you are a live person  and they will sell your
name to other spammers. Delete, delete, delete!  -  Seth