<VV> Shop manual on CD

Jim McLott Jim.McLott at DOR.GA.GOV
Thu Apr 28 15:36:58 EDT 2005

This morning I mentioned my copy of the Corvair shop manual on CD and
was surprised at how many people asked for details. Rather than write
individual replies, I thought I'd post this to the list.  Sorry to waste
the bandwidth if this is old news to you, but there are still inquiring
minds who want to know.

The shop manual on CD is available from Corvair Underground and Clark's.
It may be available from other vendors, but I'm sure about these two.
There are different versions of the CD for different model years, just
as there are different versions of the manual.  For example, my 1966 CD
has the 1965 shop manual, the 1966 supplement, the Fisher Body manual
for 1966, and the Corvair Parts & Accessories catalog (P&A 30C).

The CD is not a substitute for the shop manual, but it does come in
handy if you need to print a few pages to take to the garage while
you're working on something.

The CD is put out by Detroit Iron and you can check their web site at
www.detroitiron.com if you want more details.  I strongly urge you to
buy a copy from the Corvair vendor of your choice rather than from
Detroit Iron directly.  First, it's cheaper that way, and second, I
believe in supporting our vendors so that they can continue to support
us.

Jim McLott