<VV> Steer Me

Tom Wright tomsmail at sympatico.ca
Thu Apr 28 20:37:53 EDT 2005

Hi All.

I have just received the Flaming River steering box. I am putting it in the 66. I may do away with the original steering column and universals and all that other stuff. I have a column out of a 69, collapsible and goes right to the box. Now the question.

I have the coupler housing off the original box. The splines and the original steering box shaft have a flat spot to key where the housing goes on the shaft. The only way I see to keep the integrity of the coupler is to grind the shaft on the brand new steering box. Please let me know if I am missing something, or if I can order another coupling for this application.

Thanks

Tom Wright
St.Catharines
www.vaxxine.com/tomspage