<VV> Hemmings Muscle Machines article

Ruth Dorogi dfamily at cecomet.net
Fri Apr 29 16:25:06 EDT 2005

In the June issue of Hemmings Muscle Machines is an article (page 6) by Craig Fitzgerald announcing a new magazine, Hemmings Sports & Exotic Car.  He writes "First on the list would be an appreciation for cars that stop and turn as well as they go in a straight line.  Between the years of 1964 and 1972, I can count on one hand the number of American muscle cars I'd want to throw through a series of turns without some serious modification to the suspension and braking systems.  And ironically, one of those cars - the second-generation Corvair Corsa with its Corvette-derived, fully independent rear suspension system - was originally envisioned to compete not in the crowded muscle car field, but against imports like the Volkswagen Beetle".
       Maybe there will be room for an article on the "exotic" Corvair in this new publication.     Dennis Dorogi