<VV> Seeking Portland Ride

Robert Marlow, Vairtec Corp. vairtec at optonline.net
Fri Apr 29 18:26:13 EDT 2005

Well, I finally had to admit it.   Between the new house, the move, the job
change, and everything else that is going on in my life, I cannot afford
the time nor the cost to drive across the country for the Portland
convention.  I admit this with heavy heart, because I really really really
really wanted to make the trip, and I really really really really wanted to
drive my '64 coupe at the Portland NECC Time Trials.

So Sue and I are flying.  A one-week vacation instead of three, and
cross-country airfare instead of motorhome fuel costs.

And so I am now seeking what racers call a "ride," a Corvair to drive in
the Portland NECC Time Trials.  Be it a stock production Corvair or a
modified one, I don't care, I only care that it is a solid and safe
machine.  I'll be happy to team with a west-coaster who may be trying this
time trial business for the first time.  My 30 years of NECC experience
should help your car meet the technical and safety requirements and help
you understand the day's procedures.

If, on the other hand, you are an experienced track runner, then I'll just
shut up and drive.

References (persons whose Corvairs I have driven competitively in recent
years):  Steve Lovejoy, Warren LeVeque, Rick Stansbury.

Experience (tracks driven in Corvairs):  Lime Rock, Pocono, Blackhawk
Farms, VIR, Summit Point, BeaveRun, plus dozens of autocrosses.  (Note, I
am not seeking an autocross ride, just a track event ride.)  I have one
Lime Rock FTD and several class wins to my credit.  I hold the Lime Rock
lap record for FCs, a dubious distinction since the use of FCs was outlawed
shortly thereafter.

I look forward to hearing from you!

--Bob

Robert W. Marlow