<VV> ODD THING HAPPENED THIS WEEK.Some Corvair.

BRUCE BLACKMON blackmon at llano.net
Sat Apr 30 11:02:42 EDT 2005

The city of Lubbock is having a big push this week to "clean up the neighborhood", weeds, substandard houses, and of course " JUNK CARS". I spent most of Wed. cleaning and straighting up the carport, and digging out the car covers and covering up Conan and Gretchen, the 61 Lakewood. Thursday morning, here they come. There were codes enforcement people everywhere. The city even passed a new law putting codes under the Police so they can ticket old cars and such anytime they see something. They were driving the streets, the alleys, and tagging anything that didn't move, Except classic cars! Believe it or not, I got nothing on either Corvair, and neither did any other classic car. I know of most of the older cars around that are being restored, A 56 Chevy across the street, a 57 a few blocks away, a 69 Charger RT on 32nd, and several more. Not one was tagged. Lots of others were, but no classics. Someone in city hall must be an old car buff. I got a break this time. BRUCE