<VV> Stock wheels or not???

4carbcorvair 4carbcorvair at gmail.com
Mon Aug 1 08:42:20 EDT 2005

This is why I keep going back and forth. I have had everything from
Corvairs, Camaros and Jeep CJ. Different tires can make a big
difference. I like the idea of keeping the original wheels/size,
however am a big fan of a good handling car. Or if I know of something
that will improve handling, I usually do it.

The last time I was in Sears, they had the correct 13 inch tires, 4
tires for just over $100. No matter which way I go, I need to get
tires as the ones on the car now are weather checked/cracked pretty
bad, to the point of one not holding air.

--
Ron Tinkham

66 Corsa Convertable, 140, 4sp.
Maine

Not talking about racing. Unless you only do low speed Sunday cruises
in your Corvair you would be amazed at the improvements in handling,
road feel, turn-in,
stablility, etc that a set of performance tires will make. The
difference between an S-rated tire and a  V-rated tire is close the
difference between a bias ply tire
and a radial...and how may folks still drive around on bias ply tires?

Bill Elliott