<VV> fanz

Padgett pp2 at 6007.us
Mon Aug 1 09:15:19 EDT 2005

 > YES IT WORKS! YES we drove the car with the kit there in Portland YES we
> > drive it in 100+ temps.

ref: http://members.aol.com/redhoss1957/efan.jpg

Picture looks like a 12 or 14 blade 18" fan and and *might* be able to flow
enough air. Cannot tell precisely which but the alternator has evidently
been upgraded, possibly to a modern 105 or 120 amp unit. Not sure what the
trade in load would be but the no-loss conversion is 756 watts per HP so
even at a 50% loss 4 hp would give  1492 watts or 124 amps at 12v.

As a ROM on the energy budget using textbook numbers it looks doable which
is probably why so many have tried.

To reduce cruise load I would probably use a two stage fan running at half
speed (wired in series) up to some temperature and full speed (wired in
parallel) above.

Padgett