<VV> fanz

Padgett pp2 at 6007.us
Mon Aug 1 10:46:03 EDT 2005

>As I recall, Tom said the fan current is a relatively constant 20 amps at
>12 volts,

Then could probably be handled with a stock charging system and a period 55
amp "a/c" 10DN Delcotron replacing the 37 amp unit (just has a different
stator and armature - regulator is voltage driven so is not affected). I
would be tempted to convert to an internally regulated 10SI in 80 or 105
amp range though so would be able to interchange with my other cars.  120
amp might be a bit of overkill. "One size fits all" can be useful in
spares. Wonder if you could stack two fans and normally run in series at
half speed. Current would drop considerably and fan life would extend
dramatically (probably important - the General turns FWD fans off at about
50 mph and relies on the airflow alone).

Padgett