<VV> Stock wheels or not???

Bill Elliott Corvair at fnader.com
Mon Aug 1 13:14:18 EDT 2005

On Mon, 1 Aug 2005 09:51:15 -0700, Ron wrote:

>I'll stick to my point with saying that with legal and sane driving on
>public roads, you'll never get any value out of "performance" tires.  The
>rally and econorun at Portland stressed the cars about as much as anyone
>would ever want to and yet touring tires were surely adequate at all times.
>RonH

Adequate? Yes.  I never said they weren't adequate. As would have been bias ply tires.

How about the statement "with legal and sane driving on public roads, you'll never get any value out of "radial" tires"? Would you buy bias tires if they were
cheaper?

The old Delco shocks are completely adequate as well...but I get PLENTY of value out of my Konis AND my sticky ties every time that I go out and drive...legal
and sane... but not like a grandmother.... on public roads.

Bill