<VV> Tire size

Bryan Blackwell bryan at skiblack.com
Mon Aug 1 18:29:52 EDT 2005

A 205/60-13 is way too small for a Corvair.  The 185 is pretty short as
well.  A 195/70 is tolerable, but still shorter than spec.  A 205/70 is
great, but they aren't available in the US as far as I'm aware.  A
185/80 is better, but still a bit small as well.  If you want something
that really looks correct where you have some selection, moving to a
14" x 6" wheel and 195/70 (or thereabouts) tire with a Chevy wheelcover
is a nice option.  But I stand by the statement that 13" tires are
difficult to find (at least much in the way of selection), assuming
you're looking for something that appears and functions mostly the way
Chevy intended, which, it would seem to me, is the whole point of
staying with 13s in the first place.
Bryan Blackwell bryan at skiblack.com
http://autoxer.skiblack.com/
   Corvairs: '61 Lakewood, '64 Greenbrier, '65 Corsa, '66 Corsa