<VV>Fanz, and how they work

Kirby Smith kirbyasmith at gwi.net
Mon Aug 1 23:41:06 EDT 2005

It _could_ be going the same place turbocharger compressors put some of
the power they get from the turbine -- into heating the air in addition
to moving it -- because compressors are not 100% efficient anywhere on
their map.  I expect that the work expended by the engine fan moving air
is well under 100% of the work done to move the fan blades.

kirby