<VV> A/C blower motor problems for a '66

Jim Bannister jimster1 at earthlink.net
Tue Aug 2 21:34:14 EDT 2005

Wayne,
Even after you replace your toasted motor, you are not getting full voltage
to the motor.  The blower switches are notoriously flaky on high speed.  The
wimpy switch carries the entire load for the blower.  I'd install a relay to
relieve the switch of its load in high speed.  The loss of 3-4 volts is a
major voltage drop and will cook whatever is causing the voltage drop.  I
bet if your motor saw a full 14 volts it would more Way more air.
Jim B.
'66 turbovert, (A|C being installed)

.   We got 10-11 volts, good enough.  Then we decided the
motor itself must have some windings that are burnt.  When I arrived
home, I took the motor out, and sure enough I saw some burnt windings,
which would certainly slow down the speed of the motor.