<VV> Re: LATE DIFFERENTIAL INTO EARLY

N2VZD at aol.com N2VZD at aol.com
Wed Aug 3 01:17:23 EDT 2005

i have put late model guts including the axle side bearing holders into both
of my fc's. you need to deal with one simple fact..the late units end up just
under 1/4 inch wider .as you tighten down the axle retainer bolts you find
that things come to a firm stop without the spacers. after lots of measuring and
dis/cussing i ended up designing a spacer to go under the rear bearings to
overcome this. pictures of the shims(not hard to make) are on the web picture
site thomas put together for my "stuff". it seemed to be the simplest way at the
time. i put all guts from late cases into my early cases because they had very
low miles and the fc's were very high miles units about worn out.so far they
both work very well, the rampy unit has about 7000 miles on it. hope this
helps.
regards , tim colson
                  http://www.corvair.de/n2vzd/