<VV> Re: LATE DIFFERENTIAL INTO EARLY CASE plus

N2VZD at aol.com N2VZD at aol.com
Wed Aug 3 01:53:36 EDT 2005

yes you have to press pinion onto early shaft..i fergot that detail..sorry. i
did 3 about 2 years ago at the same time. i was happy with results but the
axle space surprise took me a while to figure a quick simple , cheap way out.
(and it works well). this whole thing came about to use what i had, to save
money and make use of low mileage parts. the bonus was checking all bearings and
seals on the way .also all parts were squeaky clean and cases painted up nice.
i think the kits from east coast were about $45 each that had everything i
needed to do it right. all o rings and seals etc were included.(these were all
powerglide units) last winter i made 2 more, one to put in my "64" wagon with a
64 case and a 327 for my rampy to try. i really got into powerglides and
differentials again the last few years, now back into engines. all this on
"retirement " income...
regards, tim colson