<VV> AM radio

Tony Underwood tonyu at roava.net
Wed Aug 3 13:23:58 EDT 2005

At 10:10 hours 08/02/2005, rt66vairs at aol.com wrote:
>In the 60s it was a fight between WLS and WCFL.
>
>They traded barbs, and DJs constantly. They were both up and down in
>the ratings.

Anybody remember when WCFL was sponsored by the AFL-CIO...  bumper
aired now and again...  "The voice of Labor!"...  IIRC.

Been a while...  both WLS and WCFL got out good at night, came
rolling into the Shenandoah Valley nicely, listened to both of them
through the '60s...  til midnight and the Nightlight Show came on at
WBZ, then it was all Dick Summer till I fell asleep.

tony..