<VV> AM radio

WadeHalsey HiHal at adelphia.net
Wed Aug 3 12:39:52 EDT 2005

Tony Underwood wrote:

> Throughout the '60s, I was staying up at nights to listen to several
> clear-channel stations, one of them being WLS, another was WCFL, and
> The One I spent most time paying the most attention to was WBZ out of
> Boston, with Dick Summer and The Nightlight Show.

My now deceased brother-in-law, Graham Justice,  told me many times that
the first U.S. station that WWII troop ships could pick up coming west
in the Atlantic Ocean was WWVA Wheeling, West Virginia. You had to
REALLY like old fashioned country music to stay tuned.

Wade Halsey (missed WWII by 10 years)