<VV> Corvette Guys

Bill Elliott Corvair at fnader.com
Thu Aug 4 13:02:33 EDT 2005

"Real car guys" can be found driving all sorts of high profile cars... Corvettes, Porsches, Ferraris, etc...
the stereotypes only predict how likely you are to meet one of those at your average car event. ;-)

I completely agree with the "sleeper" aspect. Every really fast high profile car I've owned (muscle cars to
Corvettes to Jags)... the public always _expects_ it to be even faster than it is (too many movie car
chases, I assume). With the "economy cars" (Corvair, Mini, etc) people are simply stunned at how quick
they are.

(Of course at the extreme end... every dude with a Mustang GT "challenges" things like Corvettes and
Porsches... but will give reverence to things like Ferraris and Lambos... which are often slower than the
Vette or Porsche)

I currently own both high and low profile cars... so you can't even assign it to a personaility type... BUT I
do get more joy out of driving my Corvair or my Mini than I do the higher profile cars...

Bill