<VV> Corvette Guys

RKB rkbyers at verizon.net
Thu Aug 4 14:55:39 EDT 2005

Corvette Guys

My father used to say, "There are two kinds of people: people who divide people into two types and people who don't."  His intention was to teach my brother and me independence of thought.  You can't change other people; you can only change yourself.. and even that is pretty hard.

It is easy to be sucked into an elitist posture in car clubs.. or lots of other things, for that matter.  The real issue is that it is always a choice whether to act one way or another, even if you are disposed to certain behavior naturally.  If you can be yourself, you are that much closer to salvation.

Perhaps there are Corvair members here who are somewhat supercilious and that is their choice, but for the most part I am thankful for all of you who work so hard on writing VV and Corvairs in general.  Besides that, if you think Corvette guys are bad, you should go to an Aston Martin club meeting.

Ron Byers
Largo, FL
Closet Corvette driver