<VV> fanz - SPAL #30102113

JVHRoberts at aol.com JVHRoberts at aol.com
Thu Aug 4 20:21:11 EDT 2005

Well, there are several possibilities:
1. Someone on this list has made one!
2. 911s use a fan that is probably VERY good, albeit it spins the wrong  way,
unless someone does a reverse wrap serpentine belt.
3. There are several large air cooled diesels, like Deutz, that have very
nice blowers, and some of them even spin the right way!
4. All of these are axial flow. As such, you ALSO need a housing where the
blade tips run VERY close to the walls to keep it efficient, as well as having
a  few stator vanes. See 911 fan design.
5. Not sure centrifugal is the way to go here. Potentially, it'll make more
pressure, but the axial ones are efficient over a wider range.
And lastly, cutting the fan isn't hard. Designing it is!!!

In a message dated 8/4/2005 8:56:19 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,