<VV> gas gauge

Western Canada CORSA westerncanadacorsa at shaw.ca
Fri Aug 5 09:45:18 EDT 2005

>From the Virtual Vairs Archieve at www.virtualcorvairclub.com .   It's a
great resource, let's use it!

<snip>
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 1998 22:06:01 -0600

From: Larry and Marybeth Claypool <tatra at urbancom.net>

To: Marc Bernatti <merlgwen at juno.com>

Re: <VV> Sender/Gauge/Turn Signal/Back up, pick up?

Marc Bernatti wrote:

> After cleaning the gas tank and re installing it, the gas gauge went way,

> way past full and stayed there as long as the ignition was on. I replaced

> the sender assembly with another used one that I had and it "worked" for

> a while and then went to full.

presume you have checked the senders with an ohm meter to verify you are

getting 0 ohms empty and 90 full(+ - 3-4)?

if the senders checked out you probably have a bad cluster ground,

tighten the screw at the bottom edge of the instrument cluster that is

the first one to the left of the steering column.
<end snip>

Regards,
Joel