<VV> gas gauge

Charles Morgan charliemorgan at comcast.net
Fri Aug 5 12:46:24 EDT 2005

There's most likely an open circuit between the sender and
gauge.  The likely suspects are:
(1) bad ground at the sender, (2) the connector is loose or
disconnected at the sender, or (3) there's an open in one of the
connectors leading to the gauge.  A bad ground at the dash will not
result in an overfull reading.  To check the gauge and the wiring to
it, pull the connector at the sender and ground it.  With the key on,
the gauge should go to zero.

Charlie Morgan
Beaver State Corvairs