<VV> Celebrity owned Corvairs

kaczmarek at charter.net kaczmarek at charter.net
Fri Aug 5 13:18:51 EDT 2005

Greetings All

Our new Marketing Director at Steele Rubber has just last week (in his 30's) gotten a bite from the old car bug. He got taken to a couple of shows.

As we talked today, I showed him an order we got from a shop in AZ working on a 48 Buick Woody wagon purchased from the estate of Lawrence Welk, who bought the vehicle new.

Then I remembered the John Glenn Corvair, and the Carl Sagan Corvair. He really brightened up at those two names.

And I figured there must be more celebrities that own/owned Corvairs, that might be still around, and even better if Steele Rubber parts have been used in them.

Anyone know of others??  I would like to hear from anyone who knows of such vehicles/owners of renown.

TIA

Hank