<VV> Convention Observations

UltraMonzaWest at aol.com UltraMonzaWest at aol.com
Fri Aug 5 13:35:58 EDT 2005

What a difference this year!

I've been to 4 conventions in the last 6 years.  At PIR  a racer told me he
was ON VACATION  and did not intend to WORK  on others cars while here...
That of course lasted 10 minutes....but to be expected at a track!  gggg

During the Tues. - Thurs. I was  NEVER asked to look / work on
anything......no one ever asked to DRIVE the WUM.....to see what a USED  car feels
like.....and see if the Intake MODs I've done . made a difference to THEM?
Perplexing..but NICE!   gggg
In 99 at Tahoe.....we must've put 200 miles on the ImmortalVair with "test
drives"

I OFFERED to help Smitty  change his blower bearing and a rear axle  as
well?......But He said he couldn't stand to have Walter Carter and ME  talking at
the same time!   ggggg

I was Vending our Big Singles this year.....Majority of questions were  " How
does it SOUND".....not how does it run.....oh well.....

NECC's  events are RUN  PROFESSIONALLY..yet friendly!   This was the 2nd time
I WORKED  for Brian and Ken K.  A friend from SOCAL  with his   '68
95/pg.....had such a good time [1st ever!]......he said he'll be putting together a
faster car for the NEXT time!......then probably made more FUN RUNS at the
AX.....we had 3 in the car when I rode....

SO......before Smitty gets back...Let it be known.....I Dollied WUM  to and
from Portland.....put1.8 miles on it during the week....and still had a great
time!

Matt Nall / Patiomatt / WCUH / Mr. DeckRug