<VV> RE: Celebrity Vairs

mopar at jbcs2.net mopar at jbcs2.net
Fri Aug 5 15:00:08 EDT 2005

From: <kaczmarek at charter.net>
Subject: <VV> Celebrity owned Corvairs
Greetings All

Our new Marketing Director at Steele Rubber has just last week (in his
30's) gotten a bite from the old car bug. He got taken to a couple of
shows.

As we talked today, I showed him an order we got from a shop in AZ working
on a 48 Buick Woody wagon purchased from the estate of Lawrence Welk, who
bought the vehicle new.

Then I remembered the John Glenn Corvair, and the Carl Sagan Corvair. He
really brightened up at those two names.

And I figured there must be more celebrities that own/owned Corvairs, that
might be still around, and even better if Steele Rubber parts have been
used in them.

Anyone know of others??  I would like to hear from anyone who knows of such
vehicles/owners of renown.

TIA

Hank

I know work has been started on the restoration of the Sagan Corvair. I am
sure Dennis Dorogi who is restoring the car would be open for donation of
"sponsor" restoration parts..........

Gary Swiatowy