<VV> FANz

Padgett pp2 at 6007.us
Fri Aug 5 16:48:07 EDT 2005

>I'll do even better. I'll buy and pay for a $600 fan kit of Tom's for you.
>(whoever you are). Yours to keep.
>
>BUT
>You must commit the following stipulations.
>
>1)  Install the kit on a previously decent running Corvair engine.
>
>2)  Take photos along the way to show how it is done
>
>3)  Write up an article for the Communique on "how to" and the results (see
>below)
>
>4) Upon completion of installation, run some strenuous "Engineering Tests"
>"good faith" tests (good faith meaning you really intend to perform strenuous
>tests and complete the tests), collect data and provide results to VV and the
>Communique article. The idea of these engineering tests MUST be to try to
>find
>the cooling limits of this setup.
>
>Data collection must include ambient temp measurements, documenting car speed
>and duration for the interstate test which must be at least 70 mph for 300
>miles. Head temperatures during these tests (instrumented would be best.
>Stock
>temp system is acceptable). Other stress tests as you might see fit.
>
>Any takers?
>
>Regards,
>Bob Helt

If I buy one of the three Corvairs I am currently looking at, you're on.
Instruments R Us so that is not a problem (would provide ambient, oil, and
head temp readings plus whatever else seems appropriate. Summer in Florida
is a good test of any cooling system. Baseline and installed tests. Might
make the 300 mile run in two 150 mile segments - one with standard gearing
and another I believe more suited to Interstates. 3500 rpm at 70 is just
too high.

Padgett