<VV> Gas gage removal

Ewell Mills emills5 at cfl.rr.com
Fri Aug 5 16:53:42 EDT 2005

Removal of the dash is pretty straight forward unless it is a P/G.  I always have trouble installing the little "C" clip that attaches the shift cable to the shift mechanism on the dash.  I usually lose a couple before I get one to stay on.  (even with a tool that I have from a zillion years ago when working on mechanical  adding machines and calculators.....anyone redeemer those?)  Anyone  have  an easier way to do this?  I have found that getting some slack in the cable helps some, but it is still an SOB.  I ordered a dozen or so spares from Clark's since I figure I will use them up eventually. (and I have).

Cecil Mills
Cocoa, Fl.