<VV> Rocket Scientists - acronyms

Padgett pp2 at 6007.us
Sat Aug 6 02:19:11 EDT 2005

>Man, whenever someone starts throwing out indecipherable acronyms at a
>rate like that, my warning bells start clanging in my head.  You may know
>what you're talking about but tossing nonsense at us like that just
>distracts from what you're trying to say (in my opinion).

Y'all haven't figured out yet that am just having fun with a bit of rabble
rousing while trying to find the right Corvair ?

BTW iff'n you want acronyms, no-one does it better than the Fed, know five
different meanings for MAC and even the context may not determine which.

OTOH I would expect at least some to know what a THM-400 was

And on the gripping hand am not a scientist anyway, am an engineer. Get
some of my best ideas wandering in a junk yard or listening to people who
really know. What was that about standing on the shoulders of giants ?

One thing I have learned about the Internet - ask a question and the
silence will be deafening. Propose an answer and people will come out of
the woodwork to correct you.

Remember what Warren said about "I had told the novices during the course
walk, to go for broke on the first
run and make all of the mistakes possible for the feed back.". Well I have
thutty years of being out of Corvairs to catch up on.

Now if I have violated the rules of etiquette for the forum, I apologise.

Padgett

ps would be glad to explain any acronyms used offline.