<VV> ignitor wiring

Bill Elliott Corvair at fnader.com
Sun Aug 7 12:58:25 EDT 2005

Coil still needs the reduced voltage. Bypass wire goes to the Ignitor red wire, factory resistor wire to the positive side of the coil (making it very easy to swap
over to points if  need be...). Black wire from Ignitor to negative side of coil.

Air gap between the disributor ring (in the early models) and the sensor unit has an exact measurement, but I've never used that... I've just made sure it's
close but without the possibility of touching.

Make sure you retime the car after adding the Ignitor...it will likely be a few degrees off.

Bill Elliott

On Sun, 7 Aug 2005 10:52:06 -0600, The Barneck Family wrote:

>I have the older ignitor.  My box does not have any instructions in it.  It has a red and a black wire.  Which wire goes where?  I am planning on bypassing
the resistor wire (65 Monza).  Does the bypass wire wire go directly to the coil?