<VV> Chicago Tribune CORSA Convention Story

AeroNed at aol.com AeroNed at aol.com
Sun Aug 7 18:45:40 EDT 2005

In a message dated 8/7/2005 5:30:45 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
CorsaRob at charter.net writes:

1964:  Chevy upgrades the Corvair suspension. An additional transverse leaf
spring  couples the rear wheels to reduce the car's tendency to lose  traction
suddenly.

1965: - "Unsafe at Any Speed," an indictment by  Ralph Nader of the Corvair's
handling, is published.

- Chevy changes  to a fully independent suspension based on that used on  the
Corvette.

- The normally aspirated Corsa comes out.

1966:  Sales decline in light of Nader's book. Even the addition of a V-8
engine  doesn't help.

Good article in general, until it got to the end.

I hate it when those 60-63 Corvair would loose traction suddenly. Good  thing
that doesn't happen in the other years or other cars.

You Corsa Turbo owners can send you abnormally aspirated Corsas to me. I'll
also take any of the stock 1966 V-8 Corvairs.

Call for shipping directions,
Ned