<VV> RE: Communique article rejection about using Corvair site

corvairs lonwall at corvairunderground.com
Mon Aug 8 18:10:37 EDT 2005

Ah the 21st Century.......and the internet age.  My parts don't address
people who haven't committed to buying them either. It's the same old
thing - the 21st Century belief is that information is crucial - in fact
so valuable, that there should never be value in exchange. Free free
free - and THAT is the real reason VV has lost so many "valuable" people
and thier advice. Larry Claypool, Steve Goodman etc all have to make a
living and cannot spend hours a day giving free advice.

Do we really care about those who will not spend $20.00 for a $34.95
book (In my opinion) even when all or nearly all the money goes to the
Corvair Society of America? No one is faulting you Rick or any of the
other unselfish people who try to help others who are less than
appreciative of the value that you give them and ask nothing in return
for it.

Lon (Who is having a miserable time spending most of the day giving
"free" advice for people who bought thier parts somewhere else,
Carquest, on e bay, etc etc etc)

PS - I think I understand Harry's concern about the
virtualcorvairclub.com, but I will keep those observations to myslef.