<VV> Re: rejection and alternate archive

Mike Ioanes mioanes at woh.rr.com
Tue Aug 9 01:02:18 EDT 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "J R Read_HML" <hmlinc at sbcglobal.net>
To: "Joe West" <joew at diveaz.com>; "Rick Loving" <ral1963 at comcast.net>;
"'Harry Jensen, CORSA Executive Secretary'" <corsa at corvair.org>
Cc: "VV" <VirtualVairs at corvair.org>; "'Mike McGowan'" <mcvair at sbcglobal.net>
Sent: Tuesday, August 09, 2005 12:00 AM
Subject: <VV> Re: rejection and alternate archive
<snip>

> Earlier you posted a pic and a link.  The link took me to the alternative
> (CorvairClub or whatever it is called) site where I could not view without
> registering.  Since I already participate in a couple of VV type exchange
> locations, I did not do so and was unable to view.  Why could the pic not
> have been posted (as is common practice on VV) to a location which was
> open to all without registration?  It came across (to me anyway) as a way
> to force up the count of registered users at the "alternative" location.
> Left a bad taste in the craw.

 I found this out, too.  I went ahead and registered, made up a username and
a password I hope I remember.  Next time I collected my email I was
surprised (and relieved) to find no email from the "virtualcorvairclub".  I
also joined fastvairs a couple of years ago to look at pictures of Frank
Parker's northstar 'Vair...haven't gone back since.

I remember this list when lclc was on it, Steve Goldman (?) from Colorado,
Ken Hand, Curt Jones-no disrespect to anyone I HAVEN'T mentioned-but these
are some of the Corvair experts who've left the list.  I will answer any
question I can, over & over if necessary.  I contributed to the "beginners'
manual" and will recommend it, also Bob Helt's book (s), the factory manuals
BUT if someone doesn't have them-yet or ever, I think we should answer their
questions.  When I first got my 64, I knew about ONE vendor, The Corvair
Ranch.  Checked a Chilton's manual from the library, bought some parts from
NAPA and went to work.  For a new Corvair owner to have to wait until they
compile a library to be able to work on their car just doesn't seem right to
me.  I support the vendors, mostly Lon.

Mike Ioanes