<VV> RE: Communique article rejection about using Corvair site

Ian Harding harding.ian at gmail.com
Tue Aug 9 09:25:20 EDT 2005

On 8/9/05, Rick Loving <ral1963 at comcast.net> wrote:

> It's not about wanting for Free, it's about being wary and entering into
> the unknown unarmed...
>
> What do you pay for advertising, it costs the business but it is free
> for the customer to watch/read so they have the information they need to
> make a good decision.
>
> When I was 19, and had just bought my first vair, I would not buy a
> $20.00 book sight unseen.

I think you hit a key point with this sentence. I keep hearing about this
book but have no idea what it is. At Amazon.com <http://Amazon.com> and
other online bookstores, you can see a preview of the book. At a real
bookstore, you can open it up and thumb through it. I think we might see
more people buy the book if there were a few pages scanned and made
available to preview.

- Ian