<VV> RE: Corvair puzzler

Norman C. Witte ncwitte at wittelaw.com
Tue Aug 9 16:53:14 EDT 2005

Well, it's my contest so I make the rules.  No mats, no mags, one mirror, no
wires.  Anyway, not to keep everyone in too much pointless suspense, but
while putting my convertible together I saw this the other day and frankly I
was amazed.  The fourth bowtie is on...

the antenna base under the fender!  The little die-cast base that the cable
threads to on one side and the chrome antenna nut threads to on the top side
has a little bowtie cast into it.  What a bizarre thing.  I would have
figured that part would have found its way onto virtually every GM product
of the day.  Apparently the supplier who bid the Corvair antenna bid that as
a Chevy specific part.

With suppliers like that, who needs brand managers?

Norm Witte