<VV> RE: Communique article rejection about using Corvair site

Ian Harding harding.ian at gmail.com
Tue Aug 9 18:45:52 EDT 2005

Actually, I don't. You don't know anything about me, so I would prefer that
you not assume that you do.

You are probably correct in that the book is a good value. In fact, it would
probably pay for itself in one reading if all the talk about it on this list
is true. However, I tend not to buy things sight unseen. Especially books.
Being shouted at to "...Buy the damn book..." is not the same as actually
seeing a table of contents or sample page or two.

I am CC'ing this to the list to point out the fact that someone who is not
accustomed to receiving rude email from strangers might be upset by this
message, and turned off to the group and possibly Corvairs generally by
association. I think we all might do well to sleep on our reponses to email
messages we find upsetting, and to re-read them for tone of voice before
hitting "send."

What is often disparaged here as being "Politically correct" is in fact,
being polite.

- Ian

On 8/9/05, Ron <ronh at owt.com> wrote:

> You easily and quickly blow $20 for a movie, beer, or at McDonalds in a
> minute so don't worry about it, just buy the damn book, it's cheap!
> RonH

<snip>