Buying Manuals-was <VV> RE: Commun. article rejection about using Corvair site

Tony Underwood tonyu at roava.net
Wed Aug 10 00:15:02 EDT 2005

At 05:51 hours 08/09/2005, FrankCB at aol.com wrote:
>Hank,
>        You've got it right.  The simple reason we wrote the Corvair Basics
>Manual was because we got tired of answering the same questions over and over
>and over again on V V and Fastvairs.  Now we can simply give a short summary
>answer and refer the questioner to the appropriate chapter in the
>CBM (or one of
>the other Corvair manuals) for the details.  If they're not willing
>to spend a
>few bucks to buy these manuals in the first place then I for one am not
>willing to spend my time in composing a lengthy answer to their
>questions.  If
>however, they do read the appropriate section of the manual and THEN
>have further
>questions, then they should receive additional info from one of us.
>         Frank "we help those that help themselves" Burkhard

Of course we need to make sure the new arrivals know about the Basics
Manual, Tech Guide, and of course the shop manuals and the other
texts available such as Bob Helt's Classic Corvair book and Tony
Fiore's The Corvair Decade...  and the others that remain available
from various sources like How To Keep Your Corvair Alive and one of
my favorites, How To Hotrod Corvair Engines...  dated though it may
be, it's still got good stuff in it.

There are a boatload of *great* publications available on the Corvair.

Let's not scare anybody off by forgetting to let them all know what's
available to help them solve just about any problem they might run
into.    And, of course, as Frank said, if they still have questions,
somebody somewhere is likely to  jump in and help them out.    In the
meantime, let's remember that some of the more recent enthusiasts
might not know about the multitudes of resources available to them.

...just mumbling,  after work.

tony..