<VV> Corvair moving events.

Levair at aol.com Levair at aol.com
Wed Aug 10 00:49:10 EDT 2005

all,
I have belonged to many car/marque clubs. I have dropped most and stayed with
CORSA.
  The main difference is the moving car events , the camaradie, and the
unselfish sharing of knowledge. .
We have been blessed with many moving car events. Econo runs, rallyes and
autocrosses. This year we have also had a Go Kart track and a dual banked oval;,
both of these are medium speed events compared to an antocross which is a low
speed event.
   Very few clubs have high speed events like NECC provides for us.
  I can't possibley imagine why NECC provided the Portland International
event after losing money on the previous events.
  IT WON'T LAST! How naive of us to think that it will go on forever, if we
don't attend them. This is also an excellent venue to buy and sell cars and
parts.
Money is tight. I am revising my schedule for next year to only attend
special local events and the convention. I will budget somehow for the time trial
though.
  This is called voting with your feet.
  Possibly the only high speed events after this year will be track days
combined  with two or more clubs.
  Darth Vader is an example of a concours stock car enjoying the Time Trial
events. Race cars aren't necessary and you don't have to go faster than what is
comfortable for you.
  If you wait until you have the perfect car, the event won't be there to run
it in.
   I'm running of of places to buy Tweeties --any suggestions? Come to
Beaverrun and get the last ones.
    The last outing for the Bill Thomas/Doug Roe car will be the Beaverun
Time Trial Aug. 22.
I intend to further develop the little Roadster, which got sidelined by the
orange car.
  See you in August.

Warren .