<VV> Sunvisor Replacement Question

Alan Smith agarrettsmith at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 10 15:01:51 EDT 2005

I recently purchased a pair of sunvisors from Clarks for my 1963 convertible
Monza.  The replacement visors look great and I am excited to put them on
the car.  In my initial attempt to remove the old sunvisors I removed the
screw from the mounting piece, but when I tried to pull the sunvisor out, it
did not budge.  I wedged a flat screw driver in the slot in the mounting
piece and tried to rotate it to open the gap to remove the sunvisor.
However, I was concerned that I would fracture the mounting piece so I
stopped.  It seems like it should be a simple task, but is not as easy as I
expected.  Does anyone have any advice?

Thanks in advance.

Alan Smith
CORSA Member