<VV> Re:Books

Padgett pp2 at 6007.us
Wed Aug 10 18:44:31 EDT 2005

> >        You've got it right.  The simple reason we wrote the Corvair Basics
> >Manual was because we got tired of answering the same questions over and
> over
> >and over again on V V and Fastvairs.

That is exactly why I have a number of tech pieces (though not much on
Corvairs yet) on my web site. No hassle with mail or publishing and
available to anyone who needs it. (http://padgett.ws/cars/pontart.htm ).
Next will probably be something on installing a restored Corsa dash in a PG
Monza.*

Even GM is now allowing (with some controls) posting of entire service
manuals (some 2" thick). Is both an economical means to disseminate and
environmentally friendly since no paper is used and no fuel is needed to
deliver. Already many chapter newsletters are available on line and sagging
bookshelves need sag no more.

*Yes, it looks like I have found a car that will soon reside in Orlando.
Thanks to the Amtrak Autotrain, will only have to drive about 80 miles to
bring it home (which is good considering the skyrocketing price of premium
fuel). Will then be able to be a bit less theoretical. Trip report to come.

Padgett