<VV> Gas tank

N. Joseph Potts pottsf at msn.com
Wed Aug 10 21:06:40 EDT 2005

Removing the gas tank is difficult and tends to give rise to unexpected
requirements like filler grommets, senders, overflow tubes, etc.
     Be advised that, when MY right front brake line gave out, I was NOT in
the mood to remove the gas tank I had just put in there, so I routed the
line BEHIND the gas tank rather than OVER it. It took somewhat more line (I
seem to recall using a 51-inch piece - this was YEARS ago) than is required
for the original routing.
     My brakes have been working fine for well over six years since then. I
don't feel it's necessary to remove the gas tank, if you're willing to
reroute that line.

Joe Potts
Miami, Florida USA
1966 Corsa coupe 140hp 4-speed with A/C