<VV> Fanz

CorvairEd at aol.com CorvairEd at aol.com
Wed Aug 10 21:26:00 EDT 2005

In a message dated 8/10/05 4:30:35 PM Pacific Daylight Time, pp2 at 6007.us
writes:
HMMM: Late model, 14 gallon gas tank, 300 miles seems a bit chancy. And
then there is the issue of driving at steady state for 300 miles (and
without going to sleep).  About the longest "no interruptions" I know of is
109 miles on the turnpike ( if you have a SunPass). And any stop or traffic
jam (or just a rainshower) is going to negate things.

Padgett,
150 miles out, top off the tank and 150 miles back, sounds like a valid test
to me and that's 300 miles.  Do the test out here in the West, wide open
spaces and lots of heat.  I've driven 4 hours continuous at 75 mph out in west
Texas and Kansas and several other western states.  No toll roads or bridges and
if you check the weather ahead of time, no rain.  So the test is doable.

Ed Corson (CORSA member)
Inland Empire Corvair Club