<VV> testing Tom's cooling system

Roger Gault r.gault at sbcglobal.net
Wed Aug 10 21:58:12 EDT 2005

Obviously, the thread was of interest to the VV members, or it would have
died.  The GREAT thing about this list is that it allows discussion of
pretty much anything vaguely Corvair related except detailed discussions on
whether the back seat is big enough for sex.

On this specific issue, I agree that the stock fan is adequate.  My 140 runs
cool enough in 100+ Texas summers, and never flips belts.  BUT.  Why would
that fact make the discussion of an electric fan out of place.  I found the
discussion very interesting - until it went emotional.  It was a lot more
interesting that the 43rd round of what size wheels should I use on my
Corvair - an issue that is very well covered on a number of the Corvair
websites.  I also snooze through the discussions of one wire alternators,
etc.  And please spare me from all those discussions on the details of early
models.  That doesn't mean that these subjects should be left off the list.
Somebody (possibly even you) must surely be interested or they'd be short
lived.  That's why God made delete keys.  (Oops, not supposed to mention him
on here....)

Ask Lonzo if he thinks we should limit list discussions to maintaining and
preserving Corvairs.  ;-)

Keep our list free!  Support the First Amendment!  Long Live King Bryan!
  Roger