<VV> Was: "cooling system" now computer/fi vs carbs /no computer

Bruce Schug bwschug at charter.net
Wed Aug 10 21:58:12 EDT 2005

On Aug 10, 2005, at 9:18 PM, Padgett wrote:

*SNIP*

> Not at all sure where this is going to wind up but will note that the
> 2.8/3.1 Chev 6 cyl used in cars in the 80s (just got out of Fieros)
> produces almost identical torque (170 lb-ft ) and gave 30 mpg. True
> carbs are "poorly controlled leaks" but with the right tools can do
> quite a bit there also.

*SNIP*

But don't forget, these newer cars have computer controls for
everything and fuel injection. I don't believe you'll ever match their
performance with a carbureted Corvair without a computer to keep
everything running efficiently and fuel injection to meter the fuel
precisely.

Bruce

Bruce W. Schug
CORSA South Carolina