<VV>Vapor Lock

UltraMonzaWest at aol.com UltraMonzaWest at aol.com
Wed Aug 10 22:55:34 EDT 2005

In a message dated 8/10/2005 5:43:21 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
burkhard at rochester.rr.com writes:

> Sounds like a great way to turn high octane fuel into REALLY low octane
> fuel.  Diesel fuel is DESIGNED to self-ignite -- there ain't no sparkplugs!
> Any diesel fuel you add (especially 25%... Geez!) is a bad idea.
> Jim Burkhard

******

Jim!  I agree 25%  is to much.....1 qt  to 10 gal. of gas . was normal....

 It will self ignite at 22 to 1  or higher compression ratios!    At under 10
to 1  it is an excellent upper cylinder lube and octane booster! [ resistance
to pre ign.! ]

I owned a station for several years......"help" pumped several cars FULL of
diesel.....as long as they were driving at highway speeds....nothing but white
smoke.....slowed down and fouled the plugs....but several reported LESS oil
consumption afterwards!

Simularily......#2  diesel...lots of WAXES.....fill in a warm climate..drive
to cold area for overmnight stay?    GM  manuals said, " add  25%  of Gasoline
to fuel in tank....drive for at leat 10 miles, to mix thoroughly before
stopping for the night"

Matt Nall / Patiomatt / WCUH / Mr. DeckRug